Quick question. Lately I have noticed that my email client (Thunderbird) will fail to send emails out over smtp (doesn't matter over port 25 or 2525); however, I can send email out through the web client during this time. Looking at the server there are about a dozen email servers delivering mail to my server.

If I wait 3 to 5 minutes, things will send fine. It acts like it is just a temporary hiccup, but it seems to happen to me once a day.

Any ideas as to why it may be doing this? ideas how to address the issue?

Thanks in advance,
John