John Harmon wrote:
Anyone? Any ideas where to look? It is more and more frequent. It as if the server temporarily fails over smtp..... or it doesn't authenticate. It is doing it quite often and is really annoying. Everything over the webmail login page works fine.
Thanks,
John

John Harmon wrote:
John Harmon wrote:
Quick question. Lately I have noticed that my email client (Thunderbird) will fail to send emails out over smtp (doesn't matter over port 25 or 2525); however, I can send email out through the web client during this time. Looking at the server there are about a dozen email servers delivering mail to my server.

If I wait 3 to 5 minutes, things will send fine. It acts like it is just a temporary hiccup, but it seems to happen to me once a day.

Any ideas as to why it may be doing this? ideas how to address the issue?

Thanks in advance,
John

Sorry, just read my post and found it a bit confusing..... By Web Client I mean webmail over a browser (Firefox in my case).

The only time I've ever seen this is when you are using a MySQL backend and using smtp auth and all the mysql connection slots are used.

Regards,

Rick