Friends,

There is a very good support for this effort and I got some wonderful
suggestions as well.

1. Dr. Hemanth (despite his busy schedule in preparing for USMLE) went
to Town Hall and enquired. Concerned people were not there. He also
informed that he read a news few weeks ago that a Committee has been
formed in Nellore to create awareness in public about RTI Act and the
Chairman's name is Yugandhar. ECM students will be taking the
responsibility of spreading the news in Engg. College and see to that
there is a representation of students of all branches and all years in
the meeting. They will be busy till 23rd of November with their Sem
exams.

2. Lakshmi garu presently works in Tirupati only as she took up a new
project. She is very very co-operative. She will mail the list of all
NGOs to me this week. She gave a wonderful suggestion to collect the
signatures of all the participants in a big flexi banner so that it
would be a clear evidence of the participation and also a written
commitment from the participants. She also told that she along with
some other friends organized a rally on RTI in Nellore a year ago.

3. I spoke with Sri P M Khan who is a member of United Forum for RTI
in Nellore. He is also the President of NOVA (Nellore Chapter of the
Confederation of Voluntary Associations (COVA)). He has been
campaigning for RTI through his group and also is a part of Eenadu
Mundadugu which is published every Wednesday on RTI. He said he will
find the availability of Townhall.

4. Fayaz of Maatru Anuraga and Srinivas of Amma Organization gave
their consent to be active volunteers. They will be part of the Core
Team that co-ordinates the meeting.

5. We are trying to conduct on Nov. 29 or 30 or Dec 6 or 7. Most
probably the date would be Nov. 30. Will keep you posted. I request
our members who are from Nellore to schedule their visit to Nellore
during that period so that they can attend this meeting.

6. Last but not the least, the topic would be RTI Act: Its
relevance/usefulness to Public and Govt. Should discuss with Nagendra
garu about the same.

Please come up with any suggestions and ideas.

Thank you.

with regards,
Prasanthi.