Currently PageContext.handlePageException() uses a
RequestDisplacher.forward() to invoke the errorPage specified
for a JSP.  If the response has been committed, you get useless
output because of the IllegalStateException thrown by the
forward() call.

Would it be a spec violation to test if the response is committed
and use include() instead if it is?  I think I have heard that this
is how others avoid this problem.

All I could find in the spec is that handlePageException()
should "redirect" the to the error page.  Does this mandate
that forward() should be used?  If not, I think it would be a
big plus to make this change in 3.2b7.

Larry