Tom Reilly wrote,
> So here's my proposal:
>
> JSP 1.2 engines have mime type mappings like so (or something
> like this):
>
> *.jsp -> application/jsp
> *.jspx -> application/jsp-xml
>
> And documents of type application/jsp and application/jspx (or
> whatever names we decide on) are handled appropriately by
> default without any special web.xml constructs.
>
> This will also enable one to author a mime-type based servlet
> filter that can operate on JSP pages in a standard way.

That sounds good to me ...

One qualification: the current proposal on the table for XML
MIME types is to use a '+xml' suffix (there are various complicated reasons
why '+' is preferable to '-'). See,

  http://www.imc.org/draft-murata-xml

So the XML JSP type ought to be, 'application/jsp+xml'.

Cheers,

Miles

--
Miles Sabin                               InterX
Internet Systems Architect                5/6 Glenthorne Mews