Jon Stevens wrote:

> Thus, the *only* reason why 3.2 got released was
> because Craig finally stood up and did a 3.2
> release. Where was Mr. Costin during this time?

Likely waiting for the release manager at the time (me) to do his job.
Craig indicated at the time that he was able to get relief from his
employer to spend work time on putting out the 3.2 release - something we
all very much appreciate.

> This will get finalized at the PMC meeting I'm
> sure, but as far as I see it, we had an agreement
> within the group that the future would be Catalina
> and the compromise hasn't been made yet and I'm
> calling attention to the fact that people are
> ignoring what we decided upon earlier.

Can somebody point me to the mail archives where this decision was made?
What I can find is

http://jakarta.apache.org/cvsweb/index.cgi/~checkout~/jakarta-tomcat/proposals/tomcat-4.0/source-proposal.html

Which states:

   The existing jakarta-tomcat module is proposed to continue as it
   currently exists (except for being renamed), for use in supporting the
   Tomcat 3.x code for as long as this is appropriate.

As near as I can tell, people are disagreeing now on either what the
definition of support is, or what is and what is not appropriate.  My guess
is that there was not a meeting of the minds on these two issues.

- Sam Ruby

Jon Stevens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 12/27/2000 02:09:44 PM

Please respond to [EMAIL PROTECTED]