I (a guy whom still committed nothing) would like very much to have such
feature.

For our development environment would be fine since it is convenient for
us to have Tomcat in many non programmer workstations ('cause of JSP
templating). Tomcat alone is much easier to deploy and keep running in
windows than Apache + Tomcat.

So, I agree with Jon on this one. I guess he is not a (complete) asshole.
=;o)

Have fun,
Paulo Gaspar