on 1/17/01 11:38 PM, "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> costin      01/01/17 23:38:24
>
> Added:       .        RELEASE-PLAN-3.3

You are missing the word "support" in this entire document. It has already
been stated that it is a *requirement* in the PMC meeting that in order for
a release to occur, the concern about *support* *must* be addressed.

> Goals:

6. User documentation must be reviewed and improved. For example, any new or
changed configuration parameters should be documented.

> paralel

parallel

> More documentations should be added on running GTest and simplify the
> test application.

*should* or *must*?

> Tomcat 3.3 BiWeekly milestones:

I think you should specify what days of the week if you are going to say
biweekly. Lets make this consistent and regular, otherwise, don't specify
"BiWeekly".

> No major change will be done after the Beta is build without a
> vote.

What constitutes a "major" change? Because you seem to waffle on what a
"major" change means, I want clarification.

> Platorms.
> We must make sure that tomcat is tested ( at least watchdog + self-test )
> with at least Linux, Solaris, Windows 9x, Windows NT/2000.

Add MacOS9 here. The reason is that there are commercial vendors (two that I
know of) that are producing releases that include Tomcat 3.x. They should be
able to release stock versions of Tomcat 3.x.

> After tomcat 3.3 is released, no major development should go on into the main
> branch.

I don't agree with that. If someone proposes it and it is agreed upon, then
it should be allowed. However, it should not be declared with a version
number.

> During the beta period we will fix all remaining bugs and run the manual
> tests for the bugs that have no automated test case.

Shouldn't it be a requirement that all software bugs have test cases? Again,
this backs up into the support issue.

> The release team should consist of at least 3 people,

This part should be near the top, not at the bottom. Also, what is the
*must* here? What is the minimum number of people?

-jon