Nick Bauman wrote:

> Craig,
>
> These design goals are AWESOME. It makes much more sense to do this
> way. However, I _did_ do this as you mentioned: I have *.jsp and *.j
> mapped to specific servlets in my ROOT/WEB-INF/web.xml and all I got was
> the output of index.jsp as something Netscape had to download. telnetting
> to the webserver port revealed that the index.jsp was being served by
> Apache, not Catalina.
>
> I'll mess around with it this weekend and see if I can get it to work "as
> advertised" and report back my results, but I have a couple of guys
> waiting on a servlet container that works with our *.j framework to test
> today, so I'm temporarily falling back to 3.2.
>
> I'm really happy that this approach is being followed as it's much more
> (ultimately) intuitive than the way it's done in 3.2 because it's simpler.

I'm glad you like it, although you should really thank Pier Fumagalli -- it's his
vision
(which I agree with) and effort that has really been working towards this.

As I mentioned several times, what I was describing is the *theory* of what mod_webapp
is
supposed to accomplish.  To ensure that it becomes *reality*, please feel free to
volunteer
your time (as you did above) in testing the current connector, identifying places where
there are bugs, posting patches, etc.

I know Pier has a bunch of bugfixes currently in his local CVS tree, so hopefully we
will be
much closer to the "reality" end of the scale soon.

> Thanks again,
>
> -Nick

Craig