I finally got some time to look at this and I think I can duplicate the
problem your seeing.  Hopefully, its the problem your seeing, or else we
have two serious problems.

I'm running Apache 1.3.9 (I'm too lazy to update) and mod_jk using AJP12 on
Win2000.  I'm testing with
http://localhost:8081/examples/jsp/dates/date.jsp.

If I use JMeter to hit this URL on a single thread it works fine.  As soon
as I start more than one thread the requests start to hang.  I can also
duplicate the problem by hitting the same URL from two machines and then
holding down the F5 key on both browsers.  Things get stuck, but after some
time the requests seem to become unstuck and things start working again.

I'm not sure how much time I'm going to have to investigate the problem this
weekend (my honey-do list is pretty long), but I'll be looking hard at it on
Monday.  This is a show stopper bug for 3.2.2.