On Tue, 15 May 2001, Pier P. Fumagalli wrote:

> GOMEZ Henri at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > What about importing the mod_webapp code in
> > jakarta-tomcat-connectors ?
> >
> > There is allready jk stuff (native, java), we could
> > also have here a 'wa' subdir ....
> >
> > jakarta-tomcat-connectors/wa/src/native/apache-1.3/
> > jakarta-tomcat-connectors/wa/src/native/apache-2.0/
> > jakarta-tomcat-connectors/wa/src/native/include/
> > jakarta-tomcat-connectors/wa/src/java/
> >
> > The idea is to provide to new users a common area when
> > he's looking for web-server to servlet-engine connectors.
>
> Bah... I don't see any advantage for that, but you're more than welcome to
> do it. Actually, let's ask to the list:
>
> [+1] Let's move mod_webapp and all its related stuff in jakarta-connectors.

+1 The stuff is not ready ( neither the new mod_jk for 4.0 nor mod_webapp
), and when it is - tomcat-dev should decide which one will be used in
4.0. Isn't it how it works ?

This way it'll be fair - and you'll get your code used because and if
it'll be better than mod_jk, not because it is the default for 4.0.

Costin