In another thread on this subject it was mentioned that someone was
looking for a replacement to these tools.  I, too, poked around a
little but it occurred to me that I don't even know what the specific
requirements for such a tool are.

Might be worth discussion.  Clearly both of the current tools have
their problems.
-Paul Speed