I've been looking at the source of the ISAPI redirector (initially to
get it to build again -- it seems to have broken), and wondering why it
works the way it does.

It provides both an HttpFilterProc and an HttpExtensionProc. The
HttpFilterProc looks for incoming requests that are elligable to be
handled by Tomcat and, if it finds one, it rewrites the request so that
it will be passed to the HttpExtensionProc for processing. From a
cursory glance at the ISAPI documentation it seems that this could all
be handled in HttpFilterProc. Does anyone know what I'm missing?

If there isn't a clear reason why it's implemented like this I might try
and build a new ISAPI filter that works the same way as the Domino DSAPI
filter. It should make request handling slightly faster, simplify the
code and might make it possible to have some source in common between
the Domino and IIS redirectors.

--
Andy Armstrong, Tagish