"Rob S." wrote:

> Shown below are the results of today's content and organizational
> suggestions.  It's still extreeemely rough, but this is the kind of stuff I
> like.  We're making progress! =)
>
> - r
>
> 0) Introduction
>
>    - Why use tomcat, what does it do and what doesn't it do?
>    - Feature list as from tomcat 3 and as from tomcat 4 (group together
>      features and in which versions they appear/dissapear).
>    - Requirements (JDK versions, extra libs?, etc.)
>    - How-to submit a bug
>    - How-to subscribe to tomcat-user/-dev & how-to UNSUBSCRIBE :)
>    - Interesting links (api-spec, etc)

     - Comparisons with other containers

> 1) Administrator's Guide
>
>    - Quick install (VERY short and simple)
>    - Detailed installation?  Not a nice name...

     - In Depth Installation?

>    - Connectors and beyond.  Why choose which connector and
>      why don't use a certain connector?
>        - Tomcat standalone
>        - Apache
>        - IIS
>        - Netscape

         - Domino ;-)

>    - Tomcat & SSL
>    - Tips

     - Style recommendations
         - Where to put JARs in different scenarios

>    - (versioned?) Mini-FAQ
>    - Advanced configuration
>        - Complete server.xml reference
>        - Heavy Load Guide (Loadbalancing)

         - Route map -- what lives where (server.xml/web.xml)

> 2) Web Application Developers' Guide
>
>    - Things to know while developing with Tomcat.  The web dev
>      doesn't have to be an admin pro!

     - Links to other servlet/jsp resources

I'm guessing that we only want Tomcat specific stuff in here, so general
servlet topics might not be appropriate, but for the sake of
completeness a couple of worked examples of servlets and jsps might not
be out of place.

--
Andy Armstrong, Tagish