Rob,
    Please see below for rephrased version of Introduction and Administrator
Guide.

> 0) Introduction
>
>    - Why use tomcat, what does it do and what doesn't it do?
>    - Feature list as from tomcat 3 and as from tomcat 4 (group together
>      features and in which versions they appear/dissapear).
>    - Requirements (JDK versions, extra libs?, etc.)
>    - How-to submit a bug
>    - How-to subscribe to tomcat-user/-dev & how-to UNSUBSCRIBE :)
>    - Interesting links (api-spec, etc)
>
> 1) Administrator's Guide
>
>    - Quick install (VERY short and simple)
>    - Detailed installation?  Not a nice name...
>    - Connectors and beyond.  Why choose which connector and
>      why don't use a certain connector?
>        - Tomcat standalone
>        - Apache
>        - IIS
>        - Netscape
>    - Tomcat & SSL
>    - Tips
>    - (versioned?) Mini-FAQ
>    - Advanced configuration
>        - Complete server.xml reference
>        - Heavy Load Guide (Loadbalancing)

I combined the Introduction and Administrator's Guide to Administrator
Guide.  Actually this is my proposed TOC.  And I believe that we need
separate document for different Tomcat servers.  e.g. 3.3 and 4.0.

I. Getting Started

1. Introduction
1.1 What is Tomcat
1.3 About Jakarta Project
1.2 About Apache

2. Installing Tomcat
2.1 Installation Guide
2.2 Supported Platfrom
2.3 Advanced Installation Guide
2.4 Troubleshooting

3. Tomcat Basics
3.1 Overview
3.2 Features
3.3 Directory Structures

4. Running Tomcat
4.1 Startup
4.2 Testing
4.3 Shutdown

5. Web Application
5.1 Installing
5.2 Testing
5.2 Trobleshooting
5.3 Advanced Topics

II. Server Administration

6. Configuring Server

7. Configuring Web Applications

8. Security

III. Advanced Topics

9. Web Servers and HTTP Connectors
9.1 Apache
9.1.1 mod_jk
9.1.2 mod_jserv
9.1.3 mod_webapp (for Tomcat 4.0)
9.2 IIS
9.3 iPlanet
9.4 Netware
9.5 Lotus Domino

10. Performance Tuning

11. Load-balancing
<No idea how to do load-balancing in Tomcat, what I know is that it can be
done through mod_jserv and mod_jk>

12. Using SSL
<May be under Section 6: Configuring Server?>

13. Realms
<No idea: or should it be under Security?>

14. Building from Source
14.1 Getting Source Code
14.2 Compiling
14.3 CVS Repository

15. Get Involved
15.1 How to Contribute
15.2 Guidelines
15.3. Bug Reports
15.3.1 Bug Database
15.3.2 Submitting Bug Reports

IV. Appendices

A. server.xml reference
B. web.xml reference
C. Resources
C.1 Mailing Lists
C.2 Links
D. License
E. Acknowledgements & Credits

> 2) Web Application Developers' Guide
>
>    - Things to know while developing with Tomcat.  The web dev
>      doesn't have to be an admin pro!
>
> 3) Container Architecture Guide
>
>    - In this case also some references to technical docs which
>      explain how to start writing eg custom handlers, etc).

I think this two guides should be separated into two other documents.
Comparing the user base and developer base, I think almost all users
(administrators) will complain about documentation.  So Administrator Guide
is the 1st priority I believe.   But a introduction section for webapp
development should be in the Administrator Guide so that the webapp
developers are able to install their webapps to tomcat.  While the Webapp
developer guides documents some advanced topics.

Please advise if anybody get any idea.

Regards,
Punky