OK, Rob, you are the voice of the majority (I probably missed a vote on this
topic where people told you so) and we are a few lazy developers wanting to
avoid an extra download. Take the source out.

-arun

ps: For what it is worth, my argument was not "leave src in there so that
when I want to look at the source, i don't have to download a src dist" as
you put it, it was that having the Java source available to a debugger is a
legetimate reason to include source in a "binary" distribution (you can
leave it jar'd if you like, as Sun does with Java2 SDK). Let me go back to
lurking and leave the business of posting to those of you who can post the
same argument 10 times without reading what the other person is saying.