On Mon, 20 Aug 2001, Henry Yeh wrote:

> where can we add code to actually compare the last modified
> and if-modified-since dates ?

In Tomcat 4, it's inside the servlet that handles static files
(org.apache.catalina.servlets.DefaultServlet) -- I should have clarified
that my statement referred to serving static content only.

For 3.x, you'd have to deal with it in the equivalent functionality (IIRC
it's in an interceptor in 3.2 and in a module in 3.3).

Craig