On Fri, 24 Aug 2001, Rob S. wrote:

> Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 8:14:32 PDT
> From: Rob S. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: TC4 base dir
>
> In TC3, you can change the base dir in server.xml, so that a new set
> of /logs, /webapps, and /work would be created and used somewhere
> else.  In TC4, all I see is the appBase attribute for each <Host>.
> As well, there aren't any command-line params that I noticed in the
> startup class aside from -config.
>
> Can I assume that no apparent way to set it and no command-line param
> means that it's not configurable?
>
> I'm cool with that, I'm just writing some docs for us right now and
> want to be thorough!
>
> - r

There is no current means to point at a "server.xml" file that is not
under "$CATALINA_HOME/conf", but that has nothing to do with where log
files go (except by default) -- in your <Logger> elements, just add a
"directory" attribute.  The default value is "logs" (relative paths are
resolved against $CATALINA_HOME), but you can use an relative or absolute
path to a directory that you would like.

Craig