>Is the request attribute "javax.servlet.request.ssl_session"
>(in TC 3.3)
>a 'standard' attribute that keeps the SSL session ID? Is there a spec
>that defines it?

No, it's not on the specs and even if you find this information
on some servers (Apache + mod_ssl for example), there is
still some web server where it won't be available (IIS I think)
and so couldn't be forwarded by mod_jk ....

>It seems like an extremely important part of keeping the users from
>bumping into each others TC session 'by accident' (or should I say by
>cracking).

Yes it's something you could use to verify that nobody is hacking
your sessionid, but I feel that any serious webapp application
must run under SSL ....