>JavaGroups is cool since it is pure, multiplatform Java, although
>(from what I know) it cannot fall back to TCP when multicast isn't
>available,

JavaGroups is cool, thanks :), and yes, it does support TCP. :))

>What I'd like to do at some point is take Filip Hanik's TC4 session
>replication code (looking nice!) and make it switchable to use either
>Spread or JavaGroups, or other communication mechanisms for keeping the
>session data in sync. Pluggable messaging back-ends..

I would fully support this, I think it is a great idea!

>FWIW, I'd like to see the in-memory session replication code as part
>of TC4 itself, with a pluggable messaging layer API that allows
>a separate messaging system to be used.

yes yes yes,
I would say make the hook ins and interfaces in catalina, and then you can
just plug in any messaging system you want.

Remy, as I mentioned before, I more than willing to be the maintainer of
this code base, and work with people like Jason to get a pluggable messaging
system in there.
Right now we are only waiting for you and other Tomcat developers to make
the decision to move forward since I don't have commit privileges.

have a wonderful day.

Filip

~
Namaste - I bow to the divine in you