On Thu, 25 Apr 2002, Ignacio J. Ortega wrote:

> > keep all logs, confs, files in the same place ).
> >

> This can work for apache, win32 or *x but for IIS it's really hard, i
> much prefer to keep all this things near tomcat, not near the System32
> directory :), anyway having a totally agnostic way, given the OOP over C
> style jk2 has, this could be done by making a specialized config (
> inheriting from the actual one ) for every server? this specialized
> config would make the need asumptions for the server using jk2?

The set serverRoot to tomcat.home/catalina.base.

We need a base directory for all locations. That should be the only
setting you need in the registry - the top level dir where
we can start seeing conf/, logs/, etc.

That's very confusing for apache - we have apache/conf and tomcat/conf,
but for IIS it should be easier - you have only one dir :-)

Advanced configuration is possible - but we should start with
workers2.properties then do 'auto-guessing' ( Glen ) and
special settings on the various components.