> On Mon, 29 Apr 2002, Remy Maucherat wrote:
>
> > > However I do think we should somehow document better what's
> > > happening - many people have the strange impression that
> > > webapp is going to replace jk.
> >
> > I'd like to find a way to indicate that the two preferred connectors
are:
> > - Coyote HTTP/1.1
> > - Coyote JK 2 (AJP with mod_jk, JNI)
>
> And to clearly indicate that for whatever OS Pier is using and Apache2,
> users can also use mod_webapp.

I suppose. And where do I put that in the docs ? In the release notes maybe
?

> ( for 3.3 we do the same for mod_jserv and Apache1.3 ).
>
> Note that mod_jk2 is not and will not be ready for 4.1, and JNI
> doesn't work with 4.x in mod_jk1.

Yes, I did know that. When it is ready, it should be possible to distribute
it independently, right ? (separate binary)

> PROPOSAL:
> Rename Coyote-jk2 -> coyote-jk. Or just drop the coyote-jk and coyote-http
>  from documentations, no need to confuse users.
>
> There is the "coyote" connector, it supports http/1.1 and mod_jk.

Yes, I suppose it's one connector supporting many protocols, so maybe it
would be a good idea to do that, call the thing "Coyote" and merge the two
pages (esp since there is little HTTP/1.1 docs needed). Or make one main
page with sub-pages.
I had a question about the autoconfiguration with JK 2. Is it the same as in
JK 1 ? If it's not, a large part of the documentation is stale.

> The current stable release of mod_jk is mod_jk1.5, the
> alpha/beta release is mod_jk2.

Ok.

Remy