[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> It seems we have 3 -1 votes so far. While majority is required, I think
> we all agree that getting everyone ( reasonable ) involved and comfortable
> with the proposal is very important ( and one of the goals of 5.0 ).

+1.

> Christopher: I think we should add your requirement for performance
> testing to the proposal. In fact, we should add a whole section about
> testing for 5.0. Would this satisfy you ?

+1 to start a new commons subproject.
If everyone else wants to see the bench webapp here, then I'll remove my
-1. However, it sounds generic, and not at all dependent on Tomcat, so
that's why I think it would be a lot better in the commons.

> Glenn - I'm not sure what you ask for. The proposal adds no new
> features (except the new servlet api), and we obviously can't
> implement the next spec unless it's public. I understand your concern
> about the time - but given that the code will be shared ( i.e. existing
> code ) I don't think it should take years to get it done. Is there
> any particular requirement you want to add to the proposal ?

I added some details about the changes.

> For everyone - the proposal is in CVS, and everyone can contribute
> to it. One of the main goals is to improve the community, and that
> means we should be more sensitive to other needs. If you have an itch,
> please add it to the plan, as a goal for 5.0 ( some may not happen
> in 5.0.0 ).

Not many of the negative comments posted actually contained any
suggestions, so I didn't see much worth integrating, except Glenn's
comments about lack of detail.

Remy