Hello.

I'm am trying to write a Valve, very much like SingleSignOn but for our
authetnication system that uses more than just a username and password. I
want my Valve to pass login information from one Session to another when a
user uses different webapps (Contexts).

I am nearly there codewise, but have a small problem. I do not seem to be able
to get the session from the request! I've tried calling request.getSession()
and request.getSession(true) yet both return null. It's hardly worth pasting,
but:

public void invoke(Request request, Response response, ValveContext context)
        throws IOException, ServletException
{
        System.out.println( ((HttpRequest)request).getSession(true) );

Will always print null.

I assume I can get at the session from this level and I'm obviously doing
something dumb. Are there any obvious things I should check?

Thanks

John Baker

--
John Baker, BSc CS.