On Sun, 11 Aug 2002, Bill Barker wrote:

> I don't know anybody that likes it, but it's required by the JSP-1.2 spec
> (and still in the current draft of the JSP-2.0 spec).  The TLDs may contain
> Listeners, and the only way to get them registered is to scan at startup.

Ops, I missed that one.

So you mean even if a webapp has no JSP at all - the TLDs are still
processed ( sort of extension to web.xml ) ? I allways tought they
are for translation, not runtime.

I just downloaded the new servlet draft - and it seems the welcome file
it defines is still unimplementable and violates all the current
practices... I'm beginning to wonder who is Apache's representative to
the JCP and how will he make the decision on what to vote...

Costin