On Tue, 2002-08-20 at 00:50, Henri Gomez wrote:

Welcome back from holidays, hope you had a good time...

> I propose to create a snapshot subdir in jtc, snapshot, and provide here the
> necessary binaries, for example Linux rpms & .so, windows, netware, iis are
> welcome also.
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/snapshot/rpms/
>
> We could have right now :
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/snapshot/v4.1.9-beta/
> rpms/
>
> What do you think about that ?

I think this is generally a good idea but I just wanted to clear another
possible source of confusion. Is there some sort of dependency between
modules and Apache 2.0.x versions? I ran into this with mod_jk 1.2.0
from CVS (i.e. had to rebuild the module when the version of Apache was
bumped from 2.0.39 to 2.0.40). I almost always do static linking, but I
was wandering if that applies to DSO's as well (my experience with
building PHP 4.2.2 tells me it does). If so, I think we should also
clearly mark what Apache version that particular module is for.

Also, do we need to tie JTC to a particular Tomcat version, like in your
example to 4.1.9? My understanding is that the web server (Apache) part
doesn't care much about what's behind it, as long as it speaks the
correct protocol version. Maybe there should be a README file instead,
listing all known Tomcat version combos for a particular JTC version...

Bojan