----- Original Message -----
From: "Henri Gomez" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, September 19, 2002 4:25 AM
Subject: Problem with Tomcat 3.3.2-dev and classloader for JMX

> I've got a problem in loading MX4J and it's http adaptator.
>
> I initially put mx4j and mx4j-tools in lib/container,
> next to crimson and xalan but at init time the ClassLoader
> didn't find mx4j/mx4j-tools there.
>
> When I moved mx4j and mx4j-tools to lib/common, both are
> found but http connector couldn't be loaded since it need
> crimson and xalan which are in lib/container.
>
> How could I update MxInterceptor to make use of lib/container
> CL and sus being able to put mx4j jars in lib/container ???

What needs to happen is to split the j-t-c tomcat-util.jar into two jars
(one for common and one for container/server).  I haven't had the time to
inventory what is there and decide what should go in which jar.

Putting mx4j in common opens a major problem, since you make every webapp
"trusted" that way.  It's clear that o.a.t.u.mx needs to go in container.
It's the rest I'm not sure of.

> --
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> For additional commands, e-mail: