Henri Gomez wrote:

> What do you plan to use to do the real-time monitoring ?
>
> Threads embedded in Apache 2.0 or will Apache 2.0
> execing daemon/service monitors which in turn launch
> and monitor the JVM ?

The solution must work for apache1.3 and other single-threaded
and multiprocess servers. So scoreboard is probably the
best solution.

Various apache thread/processes will update the scoreboard
with the information we need, and will monitor the scoreboard
for requsts for config changes.
( the code for the last part is already there - that's how
reloading jk2.properties when changed works ).

We need a process that reads/write to the scoreboard - it
can be a tomcat ( using JNI+JK2 ).

As a note, aparently the solution is also used in other applications
- like gnome/RedHat config ( I think kde too ). ( I was just browsing
freedesktop.org )