+1 on the proposal.

However I'm not sure about the change on o.a.t.util, and neither the
other jk packages.

I do agree the package should be sealed to protect package fields
and methods. But I don't think it should be restricted - or at least
it should be possible for webapps to include the package in WEB-INF/lib
and use it as a library. ( i.e. package.access should be true for
it ).

Costin