Jean-Francois Arcand wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've re-factored Catalina.java and CatalinaService.java and merge the
> security code into a single class: o.a.c.security.SecurityConfig. This
> class will manage all the package access/definition security properties.
>
> Actually, the list of package access/definition are harcoded in that
> class. I would like to propose we move this package list into a
> Tomcat.security file following the J2SE format (see below). This way if
> people needs accesses to a package, they will have the opportunity to do
> it with having to recompile Catalina.
>
> Righ now, some Watchdog tests are failling because they need accesses to
> o.a.t.util, and yesterday, we have started protecting this package.
>
> What do you think? I know, that's another config file (I don't like
> having another file). I don't see where we could place that information.

No, I would name it tomcat.properties instead, and it will contain also
the class loader configuration. We can call all that the bootstrap
configuration.

Eventually, the bootstrap config will be read from a JNDI context (and
the default context used for that will be one pulling the data from
tomcat.properties).

Otherwise, +1.

Remy