Costin Manolache wrote:

To clarify - I agree jspc has a lot of broken options and
features. My use case is:

Removing the CLI or any other options is fine for me. I don't need
jspc to compile or do any fancy thing - just compile JSPs to servlets
and generate the web.xml fragment.

Actually, I don't care about any use case of jspc (which is good as it's broken).
I was just trying to help out fix bugs, and thought it would be better to try to provide user friendly tools (instead of bloated and broken ones). I'll focus on some other area of the code then.

BTW, no matter how I look at it, the practice of generating servlets seems really ugly to me (of course, there are so many ugly things about JSPs, I guess it's only one of them).

Remy