Glenn Nielsen wrote:

Remy Maucherat wrote:

> Glenn Nielsen wrote:
>
>> Doesn't this require a vote?
>

> No. The vote is when the milestone is then publicly released.
> Otherwise, it's like a nightly, and allows getting some testing.

A nightly does not get announced publicly with a revision number.

The previous 4.1.13 and 4.1.14 milestone releases you did were done and
announced to the public without a vote.

I announced that a new test milestone was up and available for testing (reread the announcements, which only got sent to tc-user and tc-dev).

IMO, bumping the revision number and announcing to the public a release
(no matter what name is given to it) requires a vote.

This release process got voted and unanimously approved before the 4.1.x releases started.

Perhaps it would be better to get the nightly builds working again so
changes
can be tested by those interested in them by downloading the nightly.

If you are not happy with the current release process, then you can propose a change to it and get it voted.
I have the feeling that nobody is happy with my contributions these days, for reasons that elude me. If people want me to stop RMing Tomcat, I can step down.

Remy