Glenn Nielsen wrote:

Remy,

I went back and reviewed the discussion about the new version numbering.
And reviewed http://httpd.apache.org/dev/release.html which it is patterned
after.

You are correct, under the httpd release plan there is no vote to tag
and build.
I was confused between the old release rules and the new. My mistake. :-)
And the release manager has a great deal of latitude in when they do a
release
and what is in it.

I looked back at the email announcements when you have tagged and built
a new
release for testing and noticed that you are calling them a test milestone.

Under the httpd release rules and what we voted on there is no such
thing as
a test milestone. When a release is done it is called Alpha until a vote
has been done to upgrade it to Beta or General Availability (stable).

I wasn't aware of all the fine print. The difference is a bit academical in terms of how-stable-is-the-release, but it makes more sense (rather than moving and renaming releases as I have been doing). I don't like "General Availability" too much, so I chose to qualify stable releases as "Stable".

Remy