+1

Costin Manolache wrote:
The subject should be clear. The benefit is that we'll be able to build more JMX awareness in the code without doing tricks - each component will know about its ObjectName and will be able to return ObjectName[].

I'm not proposing MBeans all over tomcat - modeler works very
well in transforming our components into model mbeans.
We already have 3 +1 votes ( costin, Remy and Jean Francois ).

The only possible problem is the classical licensing issue
( we must use mx4j - but I don't know if they passed the TCK
or if they will or if the TCK is available yet, etc ).