As an end user. I don't use the admin tool, don't know what it is. I do
use both JSP and Servlets.

-----Original Message-----
From: Glenn Nielsen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 09 December 2002 14:06
To: Tomcat Developers List
Subject: Re: [VOTE] minimal JSR 154 only distribution

Jeanfrancois Arcand wrote:

> Jon Scott Stevens wrote:
>
>> Create a separate minimal JSR 154 only distribution of Tomcat 4.x:
>>
>>    +1  []
>>    0   []
>>    -1  [X]
>>
>> -jon
>>

> (1) Jasper is very a very small jar file.
> (2) The Admin Tool should go with the minimal distribution of Tomcat.
> We
> decided to include JMX in Tomcat distribution...what's the point
having
> JMX and not the Admin Tool? Maybe JSP is not required by all Tomcat
> users, but I'm sure a lot of them like to have the Admin Tool .

Not to pick on Jean Francois, but many times I have seen tomcat devs
discuss what the users want or use when discussing features.  I have no
real idea what features tomcat users use or what features they want,
other than anecdotal.

Are there any facts behind the statement "but I'm sure a lot of them
like to have the Admin Tool."?

<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
For additional commands, e-mail:
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>