On 12/12/02 1:06 "Glenn Nielsen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Looking at the original vote I realize that what you ask can't be done.
> Tomcat 4 is the RI of Servlet 2.3, JSR 154 is for Servlet 2.4.  So it
> isn't possible to create a JSR 154 only dist of Tomcat 4.

It is _NOT_... Tomcat is the servlet container included in the J2EE 1.3
reference implementation. There is no whatsoever reference implementation
standalone of Servlet+JSP... The JCP did not bless that...

Only with the new JCP agreement (however it's called) it will be possible to
have an implementation of some spec which is included in a "platform".

And given that JSR-154 is not yet final there can't be (yet) a R.I..

But I believe that what Jon wants is just an implementation of the
javax.servlet.** classes (let's try to be flexible and not stick to each
single word as if it were the bible, I believe the message is quite
clear)...

    Pier