Remy Maucherat wrote:
Glenn Nielsen wrote:

Chris Brown wrote:

My main gripe with the unpackWARs setting is that if WARs are unpacked, it
makes it more troublesome to upgrade, because a newer version of the WAR
file is ignored if any previous version has already been unpacked (until the
unpacked files are deleted). If the WAR file is updated, it's *probably*
safe to assume that this was done voluntarily, and so any previous unpacked
version should be removed then replaced.

I think this has merit, perhaps there should be a /update command for the
web application manager. It would do a stop, remove the unpacked war directory,
allow the war file to be updated with a newer version, unpacks the war, then does
a start.

I always thought doing that was too risky to be wise.

I don't see where this is risky, it is the same as doing the /remove then
/install manager commands but without removing the temp work directory
when doing the remove.  Just a short cut so you can do it in one step rather
than two.

Glenn