Costin Manolache wrote:

Jeanfrancois Arcand wrote:

Costin,

are you planning to tag the modeler workspace to reflect all you recent
changes (once they are completed of course)? Something like
MODELER_2_0_alpha (I'm not good for name) will be helpfull. Also, is
this module supposed to build by itself? Right now the build.xml has a
dependency on jakarta-commons. Bundling Tomcat 5 source creates huge zip
file (>50mg) mostly due to jakarta-commons source dependency. If the
dependency is not required, I would be happy to help fixing the
build.xml..

It wouldn't be bad if the source zip would include the commons code that we
use - modeler, logging, digester, beanutils, collections. But you can fix it to include only tomcat-specific code, since commons
has its own src distribution.

Actually, this is what I'm doing, except I also include all the jakarta-commons. I guess I should change my script to only include the required one.

I don't know if you follow the discussion on the repository - it'll probably affect us a lot. If things settle down and an agreement is reached
- we should modify our build acordingly. That may mean we'll have to
include version numbers in jars ( if this is voted ), start downloading and uploading to the repository, etc.

Yes I'm following the discussion (read you post :-) )

Probably the some of the download script could be replaced with ruper or
some other task ( I hope Ant1.6 will include such a thing by default ).

Regarding the tag - I think it would be a good idea to tag it with each
milestone of tomcat5.

OK.

BTW - in order to release modeler we need at least 3 +1 votes - so far I feel a bit alone :-) Is anyone else interested in this piece ?

I am :-) If I can collaborate, guide me to what we need to do for releasing it :-)

-- Jeanfrancois