+0 (I have little time to help those day)

-- Jeanfrancois

Remy Maucherat wrote:

Hi,

I proposed that to Costin a few days ago, but got not so enthusiastic comments.
The idea would be to add a new monitor servlet to the manager webapp. It would generate data similar to http://www.apache.org/server-status. It would mostly (exclusively ?) use JMX to retrieve the components statistics.

That's not a high priority task for me, but something I'd like to get done eventually, and I'm looking for some feedback. I understand that there are existing agents for JMX that can be used to provide more powerful remote access to the statistics (HTTP, RMI, etc), but these tools do not have the ability to give a user a quick and comprehensive look at the Tomcat status (although they allow much more complex operations, and it's not my objective to replace them).

Remy