Henri Gomez wrote:

> I wanted to get opinions since being a Top Project seems to be
> in 'the air du temp' (ant/maven...)

Maven situation is a bit complicated :-)
Ant is in a different space, and they voted to move out ( well, we voted...
- I was -1 initially but on minority ). I still think we did it for the
wrong reasons - but it's working pretty well.

If struts, taglibs, slide, etc  decide to form their own PMCs - then
probably we should consider doing the same. But I think it'll be much
better if we move in the oposite direction - and try to get closer togheter
with the other jakarta projects.

Having a single Jakarta PMC that includes most active committes in jakarta
is a good thing IMO - and having more cross-project involvment could greatly
improve the overal consistency and quality.

Sourceforge model ( many independent projects with smaller communities )
does work fine, but I think a jakarta-commons model with bigger communities
is better ( at least for us ).