Henri Gomez wrote:
Did some of you ever think that Tomcat could became a
direct Apache subproject, like ant ?

It seems Maven follow the same way.

As such having Tomcat as a direct Apache projects will
allow a Tomcat PMC ?

Costin, Remy, other commiters, what do you think ?

That is a tempting idea. I thought about this some when I saw other projects getting bumped up to a top level project with their own PMC.

Currently I don't see what moving Tomcat to its own top level project
would gain for us, except perhaps more overhead.  I have no problems
at this time being under the umbrella of the Jakarta PMC.

And as others have mentioned, Tomcat is the cornerstone project used
for launching the Jakarta project.

Regards,

Glenn