Mladen Turk wrote:

> [...]

What do you mean ? A single jar ? I don't think that's a good idea :-)
( but it should work, as well as a flat jar directory - that's what
embed uses )

If you execute the "emebed" target in tomcat5, you'll get an embed/
dir, and inside you'll have a lib/ with an ( almost ) minimal set
of jars - you can rejar them in a single jar if you really want.

The tomcat-ant.xml file is a sample on how to embed tomcat - all you
have to do is to make the same JMX calls in your favorite application
( where you embed tomcat ).

In other words - you'll need to create o.a.commons.modeler.BaseModelMBean
components, with a String constructor ( the name of the tomcat class ). Then
set all the attributes you want, and call init()/start().

Get it first working with ant, it's easier.

It works for me :-)