Bill Barker wrote:
Like Remy, I'm -0 on the patch.  As I read Remy's post, this means that
neither of us will actually veto it if some other developer decides to post
it.  However, neither of us consider it to be a-good-idea, so we will be
looking for implementation holes to veto ;-).

The internal Catalina API (e.g. org.apache.catalina.*) is pretty stable.
There are no current plans to change it.

It's not that I do think it's a bad idea, it's just I think there are other problems. I would be willing to consider including the patch (but I need to look into possible side effects first).

Note: We're talking about 5.0.x here, I think. -1 for inclusion in 4.1.x.

Remy