Brian Olsen wrote:

Remy Maucherat wrote:

It's not that I do think it's a bad idea, it's just I think there are other problems. I would be willing to consider including the patch (but I need to look into possible side effects first).

What could those side effects be???

You're changing the core API, so you could affect existing components. I will commit your patch if I find it is safe, and nobody vetoes it.

Note: We're talking about 5.0.x here, I think. -1 for inclusion in 4.1.x.

I never thought for it to be in 4.1.x, and the patch is also based on the catalina CVS HEAD yesterday.

The diff was against TC 5, so I didn't even consider including your patch in TC 4.1.x.

Remy