I'm working on the following changes:

- Stripping out all the Catalina related part of the stack trace in the HTML generated by the ErrorReportValve; that eases debugging.

- When an exception occurs, and it is a ServletException, I think the root cause should be logged, not the external exception, which 99% of the time is useless.

- I strongly believe that all webapp triggered logging (init errors, service errors, etc) should go to the servlet container provided logger (ie Context.getLogger()). Right now, a significant amount is sent to commons-logging. I was aware that the intent was to switch the container itself to commons-logging (and I am +1 for it), but c-l or another generic logging framework such as log4j, is IMO not adapted to provide the webapp logging (same for the access log, obvioously).

Comments ?

Remy