Henri Gomez a écrit :

Jean-Francois Arcand a écrit :

+1

The security mechanism in TC 4.x and higher (due to digester)
avoid me to use such easy configuration tuning and so we have
to stay with Tomcat 3.3.x for now.

I'm probably missing something here....why the digester suffer from that limitation? What kind of security exception are you seeing. If you give all permissions to the Digester, does it change something?

Same problem with TC 5.0.12 ;(

To reproduce, I added an external entity file in the web.xml
of the provided servlet-examples webapp web.xml :

----

<!DOCTYPE web-app
    "http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd";>

[ <!ENTITY % appconf SYSTEM "../../../etc/webapp/appconf.xml"> %appconf; ]

<web-app>

====>

Here is my startup log...

[INFO] Http11Protocol - -Initialisation de Coyote HTTP/1.1 sur le port 8080 [INFO] Catalina - -Initialization processed in 5468 ms [INFO] StandardService - -Démarrage du service Catalina [INFO] StandardEngine - -Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/5.0.12 [INFO] StandardHost - -Create Host deployer for direct deployment ( non-jmx ) [INFO] StandardHostDeployer - -Installation d'une application pour le chemin de contexte /jsp-examples depuis l'URL file:C:\jakarta-tomcat-5.0.12\webapps\jsp-examples [INFO] StandardHostDeployer - -Installation d'une application pour le chemin de contexte depuis l'URL file:C:\jakarta-tomcat-5.0.12\webapps\ROOT [INFO] StandardHostDeployer - -Installation d'une application pour le chemin de contexte /servlets-examples depuis l'URL file:C:\jakarta-tomcat-5.0.12\webapps\servlets-examples [ERROR] Digester - -Parse Fatal Error at line 7 column 1: Content is not allowed in prolog. <org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Content is not allowed in prolog.>org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Content is not allowed in prolog. at org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(Unknown Source)

Forget this mail there is a stupid XML error ;---(