Remy Maucherat a écrit :

Henri Gomez wrote:

Remy Maucherat a écrit :

Henri Gomez wrote:

No reply for this request ?

Should I assume I could start to work on settings the currentWorking
dir at web.xml dir location at web.xml parsing time ?

I like basing the resolution on the host appBase a lot more.

Well it will be problematic for all TC 3.2/3.3 users since the location was the web.xml (which seems more realist).

I don't care, sorry. The question to ask: is it the right thing to do or not.
- Hosts are based on separate directories
- Hosts should be independent

Sorry, but I care about TC 3.2/3.3 users base, since I'm one of them.

I've got not less than 50 clients using TC 3.3.1a and they use the
described layout.

Also sometimes ago we speak about security manager and stuff which shouldn't be get OUTSIDE the web application. When you have web.xml
and its external entities in the same war, why couldn't we get them
directly ?

A webapp in a WAR doesn't have to know about specific appBase, or
I missed a whole episode ?

Let me explain :

If you have a large and segmented web application, you won't put
all the settings in the same web.xml.

Webapps, and even more, hosts, should be independent. Anything else seems a hack which may or may not work.

Sure and since a webapp should be independant, the external entities SHOULD be searched by default in the WAR or exploded WAR...