From: Gary Benson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, October 14, 2003 9:22 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Benchmarking gcj-built Tomcat

Hi all,

I've been working on building Tomcat and its dependencies to native
code with gcj, and I'm interested to see how it compares against
Tomcat running under a 'normal' JVM.  Now, I'm well aware that
benchmarks are not a real-world indicator of performance, but I don't
have any particular web application to test and I was wondering if
anyone has a benchmarking suite that they can point me at.

In case you are interested in the gcj-built packages, they are
available at http://people.redhat.com/gbenson/naoko/ as source rpms
and as binary rpms compiled for Red Hat Linux 9.  Everything except
the webapps is compiled to native code; the webapps are basically
unmodified and are interpreted just as they would be with a normal JVM.

Thanks,
Gary

[ [EMAIL PROTECTED] ][ GnuPG 85A8F78B ][ http://inauspicious.org/ ]