Remy,

From: Remy Maucherat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [5.0] content-type and charset issues
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 16:10:24 +0100
> Tomcat 5.0 always adds a charset=ISO-8859-1 to the content type. While
> this is I think relatively legal, it is rather risky (it causes problems
> with some clients, as I've read on tomcat-user), and very dubious when
> dealing with non text data.

I received the report that the same(?) charset problem exists in
Tomcat 4.1.29 from Japanese developers. They said that Tomcat 4.1.27
is ok.

Could you check whether the same problem exists or not?

If not, I will analyze Tomcat 4.1.29 and send the patch.

Kazuhiro Kazama ([EMAIL PROTECTED])     NTT Network Innovation Laboratories