Remy Maucherat wrote:

Reshat Sabiq wrote:

I think i found a bug in Tomcat 5 implementation (J2EE 1.4-DR). I would highly appreciate if somebody could provide a brief description of what includeUri, and requestUri below stand for. I looked at the comments in Constants, but can't make out a lot out of them. Please see my comment below.
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service() starting on line 190:
String includeUri
= (String) request.getAttribute(Constants.INC_SERVLET_PATH);
String requestUri
= (String) request.getAttribute(Constants.INC_REQUEST_URI);
String jspUri;
// When jsp-property-group/url-matching is used, and when the
// jsp is not defined with <servlet-name>, the url
// as to be passed as it is to the JSP container (since
// Catalina doesn't know anything about the requested JSP
// The first scenario occurs when the jsp is not directly under /
// example: /utf16/foo.jsp
if (requestUri != null){
////////// This is pretty unsafe syntax, and i do get an exception here, which is the only reason why i can't migrate my app to J2EE 1.4-DR! ///////////
String currentIncludedUri
= requestUri.substring(requestUri.indexOf(includeUri)); if ( !includeUri.equals(currentIncludedUri) ) {
includeUri = currentIncludedUri;
}
}

P.S. On a positive note, the custom error pages do work in DR, as opposed to Beta 2.

This works fine for me. How about telling us what kind of include causes your bug, and the exception you get ?

Rémy

I confirmed that it is a bug. It went further along after i put a conditional.
Now i'm getting an exception in:
<fmt:message key="better" bundle="${lc}" />
where lc is an instance variable of the jsp servlet: apparently it can't be resolved. It was working in Beta 2, so this might be a bug too.

Thanks.

P.S. I'll post the details later.

--
Sincerely,
Reshat.

If you see my certificate with this message, you should be able to send me encrypted e-mail. Please consult your e-mail client for details if you would like to do that.